Saturday 6 July 2013

The Dawning

A long, very long night, dark and so cold
Sapped away my strength and made me quite old.
Pained me and drained me, took away my song
Taking each breathe just felt so wrong.

I had to go through it, I could not get out.
A maze of emotions, such dread and such doubt.
The lessons were hard. The teacher was cruel.
Yet any escape would have made me a fool.

And then came the dawning, a little piece of light.
A chance encounter, a spark glowing bright.
Hand of friendship, stretched out across miles
Your voice and your laughter and one of your smiles.

Now I know I will make it, I can survive
Not alone, no longer desperate, and very alive.
The waiting seems trivial, suspense does seem right.
Living the moment, the dawn is now bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment